Time Scope Cost
You are a member of a project team assigned to develop the new razor scooter code named “Blue Zuma.” Table A2.5 contains the information necessary to create a project schedule. For the purpose of this case assume the following: 1. The project begins January 2, 2008.
2. The following holidays are observed: January 1, Memorial Day (last Monday in May), July 4th, Labor Day (first Monday in September), Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November), December 25 and 26.
3. If a holiday falls on a Saturday, then Friday will be given as an extra day off, and if it falls on a Sunday, then Monday will be given as a day off. 4. The project team works eight-hour days, Monday through Friday. Construct a network schedule for this project and prepare a memo that answers the following questions:
1. When is the project estimated to be completed? How long will the project take? 2. What is the critical path for the project?
Computer Project Exercises 631
3. Which activity has the greatest amount of slack?
4. How sensitive is this network?
5. Identify two sensible milestones and explain your choices. 6. Compare the advantages/disadvantages of displaying the schedule as a network versus a Gantt chart.
Include the following printouts:
• A Gantt chart.
• A network diagram highlighting the critical path.
• A schedule table reporting ES, LS, EF, LF, and slack for each activity. Part 2
The following personnel have been assigned to the Blue Zuma project...