* The need for certainty and security: To know that you have a house/shelter where you can be safe especially at night or to be certain that your partner of children will be at home when you return in the afternoon.
* The need for uncertainty or variety: The need is in conflict with the first one, but do play an important role, that’s why people watch sport events and movies because they don’t know how it will end or what the final score will be. That’s why people explore different routes to the same destination or orders different meals when they eat out in the same restaurants.
* The need for connection: When you experience for example a romantic beach sunset with a love one the satisfaction of the experience will not be 1 + 1 = 2 but the result will be 5.
* The need to contribute: People wants to make a different in others life. It could be in the format of money, their time, support, know how (sharing knowledge)
* The need for recognition: A pat on the back for a job well done. To receives recognition for an outstanding performance or for walking an extra mile.
* The need to grow. Everything in life must grow; if it does not grow it will eventually die. Etc. you need to feed a young flower with water and food otherwise it won’t grow and will die; the same applies with a relationship if you don’t feed it with love and affection the two individuals will eventually grow apart and be separated.
These six human needs are the driving forces that determine the choices that people make; therefore it will potentially have a huge influence on their goals and aspirations which will directly affects their motivation levels. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 10). Anthony Robbins - 6 Human Needs. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anthony-Robbins-6-Human-Needs-813798.html
"Anthony Robbins - 6 Human Needs" StudyMode.com. 10 2011. 10 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anthony-Robbins-6-Human-Needs-813798.html>.
"Anthony Robbins - 6 Human Needs." StudyMode.com. 10, 2011. Accessed 10, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anthony-Robbins-6-Human-Needs-813798.html.