College Application Essay
The essay topics below have been used by major colleges and universities within the past several years to assist them in determining which applicants to admit. In many cases I have indicated the college source, but you should be aware that many of these topics are used by more than one college. Select two of the topics to use for one to two page (approximately 350-900 words) essays. Be sure to consider #34 if you have a specific school in mind.
Due: September 17th, 2010
1. Attach a small photograph of something important to you and explain its significance. Stanford
2. Tell us about a conversation you've had that changed your perspective or was otherwise meaningful to you. Stanford
3. Tell one story about yourself that would best provide us, either directly or indirectly, with an insight into the kind of person you are. For example, the story can simply relate a personal experience, or a humorous anecdote; it can tell about an especially significant academic encounter or about an unusual test of character. The possibilities are unlimited (well, almost so). You choose. Just relax and write it. Princeton
4. Sartre said "Hell is other people," while Streisand sang, "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world." With whom do you agree? Amherst
5. If you could hold a conversation with someone (living or deceased) you consider significant, who would you talk to and what would you talk about? Describe your conversation. University of Oregon
6. Describe your hometown and how you are a product of this environment. Puget Sound
7. Describe how a piece of art, a work of literature, or a dramatic presentation has had a significant impact on your intellectual development and your appreciation of the fine arts. Santa Clara University
8. If you could go back and change one day in your life, what would you change and why? Santa Clara University
9. Tell us... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Anhcam. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anhcam-1492547.html
"Anhcam" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anhcam-1492547.html>.
"Anhcam." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Anhcam-1492547.html.