WWII ESSAY TOPICS
Please Note: You need to form an historical research question for your topic. The answer to your question is your thesis statement 1. How and why was Germany allowed to annex Austria and the Sudetenland? Was there any justification for Britain and France’s policy of appeasement? 2. Discuss the role that Italy played in World War II. How did the nation become involved in the conflict? How did its participation affect the direction of the war and Germany’s fortunes? 3. Discuss the issues surrounding the United States’ decision to use atomic bombs against Japan. What motives were behind this action, and what arguments have been made against it? 4. Explain how the situation in Europe immediately following the fall of Germany led directly to the Cold War. In your opinion, should the Western Allies have acted to oppose Soviet domination of Eastern Europe? 5. Consider the role of technology during World War II. Did it fundamentally affect the outcome of the war? If so, how? If not, why not? 6. Compare the roles of Germany and Japan during World War II. Generally speaking, were their aggressions fundamentally similar or fundamentally different? 7. Explain Germany’s mistakes in Russia and the ways in which they affected the outcome of the war. 8. Why did the British government give in to German demands regarding Czechoslovakia in 1938, but took a relatively firmer stand over Poland in 1939?
9. Compare Soviet and British policies toward Poland between 1943 and 1945, focusing on both aims and outcomes.
10. Did the nature of German rearmament between 1935 and 1939 support the view that Hitler was planning for a Blitzkrieg war?
11. Asses and explain whether the internment of Japanese Canadians justified during World War Two?
12. Discuss the major differences between how the allies treated Germany after World War Two with World War One and how it may have been better.
13. Compare the strategic significance of the Battle of Stalingrad and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document