03. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
13. A burnt child dreads the fire.
20. A close mouth catches no flies.
22. A cracked bell can never sound well.
25. A danger foreseen is half avoided.
31. A fool always rushes to the fore.
36. A fool's tongue runs before his wit.
43. A friend's frown is better than a foe's smile.
44. A good anvil does not fear the hammer.
8. A good dog deserves a good bone.
49. A good example is the best sermon.
50. A good face is a letter of recommendation.
58. A great fortune is a great slavery.
59. A great ship asks deep waters.
60. A guilty conscience needs no accuser.
62. A heavy purse makes a light heart.
64. A honey tongue, a heart of gall.
65. A hungry belly has no ears.
66. A hungry man is an angry man.
68. A Joke never gains an enemy but often loses a friend.
70. A lazy sheep thinks its wool heavy.
72. A lie begets a lie.
75. A little body often harbors a great soul.
76. A little fire is quickly trodden out.
78. A man can do no more than he can.
81. A miserly father makes a prodigal son.
87. A quiet conscience sleeps in thunder.
91. A silent fool is counted wise.
92. A small leak will sink a great ship.
93. A soft answer turns away wrath.
97. A tattler is worse than a thief.
98. A thief knows a thief as a wolf knows a wolf.
101. A tree is known by its fruit.
102. A wager is a fool's argument.
103. A watched pot never boils.
104. A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
107. A word is enough to the wise.
111. Adversity makes strange bedfellows.
112. After a storm comes a calm.
127. All doors open to courtesy.
130. All is well that ends well.
131. All lay load on the willing horse.
133. All men can't be masters.
134. All promises are either broken or kept.
138. All things are difficult before they are easy.
139. All truths are not to be told.
142. Among the blind the one-eyed man is king.
146. An ass loaded with gold climbs to the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). 1000 Proverbs and Sayings. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/1000-Proverbs-And-Sayings-929523.html
"1000 Proverbs and Sayings" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/1000-Proverbs-And-Sayings-929523.html>.
"1000 Proverbs and Sayings." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/1000-Proverbs-And-Sayings-929523.html.