TOUR GUIDING BASICS
#Tour Guiding - act of giving information about a destination and the road leading to it. #Tour Guide – person who guides visitors in the language of their choice and interprets the cultural and natural heritage of an area which person normally possesses an area-specific qualification usually issued and/ or recognized by the appropriate authority. NATURE OF TOUR GUIDING
1. Tourist guide should create a good first impression on their tourists. 2. Receiving tourist is similar with receiving guests in homes. 3. One must be hospitable and accommodating.
4. Tour guiding is more than telling the tourists the directions where to go. DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES OF TOURIST GUIDES
1. Honest information about the destinations.
2. Ensure factual presentation, distinguishing the differences of true stories, legends and traditions. 3. Ensure guest’s safety.
4. Good experience for the guest with consideration on preserving the environment, wildlife, sight and monuments, local customs and traditions. STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE IN TOUR GUIDING (SOP)
1. Know the exact number of pass. and the name of the group. 2. Welcome the group to a new province or destination thru the native language or dialect. 3. Introduce yourself as the guide and give the name of the driver. 4. Inform the group of the transport’s plate number for easier identification. 5. Remind them of the itinerary and rules pertinent to the tour. 6. Start by saying features of the destination that makes it attractive to visitors. 7. During the rolling tours, give trivia or facts about sites that can be seen or passed by. 8. After visiting a point in the destination, always make sure that the number of pass. is complete. 9. At the end – acknowledge the visitors for their participation. TOUR GUIDING TECHNIQUES
1. Study the tour destination.
2. Prepare your spiel or commentary.
3. Be updated with...