1. Who is Prince Escalus? What lines indicate his feelings about the feuding? * He is the prince of Verona. In other words he is like the mayor or a peace keeper * If ever you disturb our streets again, Your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace. 2. What information is Benvolio able to get from Romeo?
* The sadness Romeo feels for the fact that Rosaline will never be with Romeo. 3. What kind of friend is Benvolio?
* He is a good friend and one of Romeo’s best friends. 4. Why has Paris come to see Lord Capulet?
* To ask Lord Capulet for Juliet’s hand in marriage. 5. How old is Juliet?
* Juliet is 13 years old.
6. Why does Benvolio want Romeo to attend the Capulet’s party? * He wants Romeo to check out other girls.
7. What happened to the nurse’s daughter?
* She died at birth.
8. What purpose do Nurse’s ramblings about Juliet serve? * They serve to show that she is a very comedic/ridiculous character and also Juliet’s confidante. 9. How does Juliet feel about getting married?
* She doesn’t think she is ready yet, but will keep her options open. 10. Would it be a compliment to be called “a wax of a man”? * Yes, it means a handsome man.
11. At the end of Act I, who are the only people who know about Romeo and Juliet’s feelings? * Romeo and Juliet.
1. Does Juliet know that Romeo is in the orchard when she steps onto the balcony? * No she doesn’t know.
2. Why did Friar Laurence agree to marry Romeo and Juliet? * He thought it would stop the controversy between the two families. 3. What would you say Friar Laurence’s “hobby” is?
4. What was Juliet’s response when the Nurse returned from her meeting place with Romeo? * She was impatient and wanted to know what happened now! 5. Why did Mercutio tease the Nurse when she came to find Romeo? * She looked like a...