1. Aside- An aside is a dramatic device in which a character speaks to the audience. 2. He tries to defuse the situation and to get Tybalt to put his sword away. 3. Tybalt is now his cousin by marriage, and Romeo does not wish to fight with him. 4. Mercutio is fatally stabbed by Tybalt and shortly dies. Fuelled with rage after his friend's death, Romeo then seeks Tybalt in order to kill him. They fight, resulting in Tybalt's death. 5. He has the worst of luck.
6. The penalty was supposed to be death, but the Prince was lenient and exiled Romeo instead.
7. Escalus, the Prince of Verona, learns about the fight and angrily decrees a death penalty for anyone caught in further feuding. 8. She loved them both and is thrown into confusion as to whether to weep for Tybalt's death or Romeo's banishment. 9. She was devastated about his death but was more saddened about romeo leaving. 10. She decides to weep for Romeo.
11. First, Juliet still loves him. Second, Tybalt, who wanted to kill him, is dead. Third, he himself could be dead, but by the Prince's clemency he is alive. 12.
13. She says she will not marry now but when she marries, Romeo will be her husband. 14. He raves about her ungratefulness and tells her if she doesn't marry Paris, he will have nothing more to do with her. 15. Nurse tells Juliet to marry Paris and try to forget Romeo, since he is probably permanently out of her life anyway. 16. She tells the Nurse that she will agree to marry Paris so she will go to Friar Laurence to make confession, and clear all of her sins before she gets married to Paris. 17.
* ".Doth much excuse the APPERTAINING rage/To such a greeting." - to belong as a proper function or part * "Thou, wretched boy that didst CONSORT him here." - a companion or partner * "With thy black MANTLE till strange love grown bold/Think true love acted simple modesty." - a cloak * "So TEDIOUS is this day/As is the night before some festival/ To...