Revision Notes: 1.1.3
Edexcel - Key Terms
Cycle --- Health Exercise Fitness Performance
Health: A state of complete mental, physical, and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity.
Infirmity - Temporary problems like broken legs, sprained ankles. (Temporary stopped from mobile)
Exercise: A form of physical activity, which maintains or improves health and / or physical fitness.
Fitness: The ability to meet the demands of the environment.
Environment – The environment is the place your sport is taking place in. Ex: Football pitch is the environment; swimming pool is an environment, etc.
Performance: How well a task is completed. (Don’t use perform)
- Healthy Active Lifestyle: A life style that contributes positively to mental, physical and social wellbeing, including regular exercise and physical activity.
Health Related Exercise:
- Cardio Vascular Fitness
*Ability to exercise the entire body for long period of time - Flexibility
* Range of movement possible at a joint
- Body Composition
* Percentage of body weight that is fat, muscle and bone
- Muscular Endurance
* The ability to use voluntary muscle many times without getting tired - Muscular Strength
* The amount of force a muscle can exert against a resistance (M, C, M, F, B) My Cat Makes Fried Bacon
Components of Skills Related Fitness:
* Ability to undertake strength performances quickly. Power = Strength x Speed - Coordination
* The ability to use two or more body parts together
* Ability to retain the center of mass (gravity) of the body above base of support, during stationary or changing conditions of movement, shape and orientation - Agility
* To be able to change position of the body quickly and to control the movement of the whole body - Reaction Time
* The time between the presentation of a stimulus (sound of starting gun for running) and the onset of movement. - Speed
Please join StudyMode to read the full document