Achievement of the highest level of health possible in physical, social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and environmental dimensions
• Know and be able to describe the six stages of the transthoertical model (pre-contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance, and termination)
Precomtemplation- no intention of changing yet; unaware of or in denial about a problem Contemplation- recognizes there may be a problem and starts to see a need for change Preparation- starts to focus on what can be done and developing a plan Action- executes a plan, publicly states a desire to change, and enlists help, sets realistic goals Maintenance- work to prevent relapse and continue with gains; in this stage after completing 6 months or more without relapsing into old habits Termination- new behavior is ingrained and ongoing
• ACSM recommends that adults perform at least ________ minutes of moderate physical activity ________ days per week. 30 minutes/ 5 days per week
• A physically fit person is best defined as someone who?
• List the five health-related components.
• Define cardiovascular endurance- ability of your cardiovascular and respiratory systems to provide oxygen to working muscle • Define muscular strength-ability of your muscle to exert force • Define muscular endurance- ability of your muscle to contract repeatedly over time • Define flexibility- ability to move your joints in a full range of motion • Define body composition- amount of fat and lean tissue in the body • According to the American College of Sports Medicine(ACSM), aerobic activity should be performed at a frequency of?
• Understand and describe the overload principle.
• Define Adaptation- change in the body as a result of an overload
• Explain the F.I.T.T principle...