CHAPTER 1- OVERVIEW OF MARKETING
1. Marketing – social and management process where individuals or groups acquire their needs and wants by creating value and exchanging it among themselves. 2. Marketing Process :
* Understand the marketplace and customers needs and wants. * Design a customer-driven marketing strategy.
* Construct an integrated Marketing program that delivers Superior value. * Product
* Build profitable relationships and create customer delight. * Customer value
* Customer satisfaction
* Capture value from customers to create profits and customer equity. * Creating customers loyalty and retention, good customer relationship management creates customer delight. Customer will remain loyal and talk favorably to others about the company and its product. * Growing share of customers.
* Building customers equity (asset/long term)
3. Product : a need-satisfying offering of a firm to the market for attention ,acquisition, use or consumption. 4. Need : basic human need to live, something necessary.
5. Wants : people’s needs that are moulded/shaped by culture and individual personality. 6. Demand : created by buying power of a person’s wants. 7. Marketing Concept :
a) Production concept
-holds that consumers will favor product that are available and highly affordable -focus on improving production and distribution efficiency
b) Product concept
-holds that consumers will favor product that offer the most quality, performance and features. -company must make product improvement
c) Selling concept
-believes that consumer will not buy enough of company’s products unless it undertakes a large-scale selling and promotion effort.
d) Marketing concept
-holds that achieving company’s goals depends on knowing the needs and wants of target markets and delivering the desired satisfaction better than competitors do. e) Societal Marketing...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document