Nfp Final Exam

Topics: Target market, Marketing, Brand Pages: 13 (2692 words) Published: April 10, 2013
Tracking Organizational Performance

Control: monitor the organizations environment, competitors, publics, strengths, weaknesses and performance (strategic planning). Day-to-Day performance for the purpose of fine-tuning current efforts (feedback) Evaluation: Final outcome – did it work, did it achieve behavioural influence goals? Major drivers of success? What didn’t work? Monitoring (measurement): Keeps marketers on schedule, to know if all segments are being reached, what is working/not working, is desired impact happening, who are we missing? Has competition/social environment changed? Are partners responding well? What about stakeholders?

NFP typically communicate their message to stakeholders?
(TV, radiom print, web, WOM, direct mail, brochures, events, email, annual reports, posters, POS, catalogues, placement, packaging, PSA’s, blogs, endorsements, spokespeople…) Communication Process

Strategic Implications
* Less steps = clearer message, more steps = distortion
* Never assume what they receive is what you THINK you sent * Understand what is received is crucial
* Find out how/where message was distorted
6 steps to effective messages:
1. Set communication objective
2. Generate possible messages
3. Overcome selective attention
4. Overcome perceptual distortion
5. Choose medium
6. Message evaluate/select
Rational messages – aim to pass info, show functional benefits Emotional messages – stir up emotion, negative/positive, motivate desired behaviour Moral messages – directed at sense of right/wrong

Barriers to Communications include:
Stereotypes – superstition – stubbornness – indifference – distortion – timing – censorship – limitation of knowledge (receiver) – limitation of vocab – fear of new – complexity – difficult demo – opposition – lack awareness – lack repetition – inattention – condensed message – nature of medium – attitude of receiver Selective Attention – notice only what interests them, ignore/avoid other information. Style, tone, working, ordering of message can address selection – fear and emotion can catch attention but also alienate Perceptual Distortion – Do you hear what I think I’m saying?

Past experiences, prejudices, associations, needs, wants, fears all distort a message
People will remember things that relate to what they already know

Volunteerism – participate in activities that they perceive to promote common good, without financial gain. NFP’s rely heavily on volunteers – benefit of helping must outweigh the cost.

5.7% increase in total volunteers – 11.8 million in 2004 to 12.5 million in 2007 46% of Canadians volunteer – up from 31% in 2000.
2.1 billion hours were volunteered in 2007, up 4.2% from 2004. 25% of volunteers contribute 78% total hours – 10% of volunteers contributed 52% of total hours. Majority of hours contributed by small minority

10% contribute 52% of hours – they put in over 400 hours or more per year Together 25% of volunteers contribute 77% of total hours
Managing Volunteers
* Difficult and can conflict with paid staff
* Some work hard, some barely at all
* Respond well when skills are matched to tasks, with clear goals and praised for achieving goals Volunteer Structures
Provide oversight, decision making, expertise, fundraising links to community. Marketing used to recruit board members ensuring experience delivers the material, social, development and ideological incentives they seek. * Carver’s Governance Board – focus on ends, leaves means to staff * Administrative board – retains the execution function * Working board – all volunteer model

* Transition through these stages can be difficult…
Recruiting is a marketing task, involves – selecting target market segments, determining the organizations positioning, implementing though marketing mix

Ontario Gov’t increase utilization of organ/tissue donation – launch campaign to target residents,...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • MGT 420 Final Exam Essay
  • BUS 475 Final Exam Essay
  • Essay on Final Exam
  • HRM 595 Final Exam Essay
  • Accounting Final Exam Essay
  • MGT 230 Final EXAM Essay
  • Essay about ECO 372 Final Exam
  • Essay on ECO 550 FINAL EXAM

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free