7.Describe the multiple locations from which customers can submit orders and the information technology components customers would need (on their end) to accomplish this activity.
- Multiple storefront locations: GPS system to locate a store
- Online: Computer with access to the FastFit online store (if there is one)
- By phone: Telephone/mobile phone necessary to place an order
8. a) Describe the information technology components FastFit needs to interact with customers on the web. [Hint: Locate a detailed explanation of e-commerce system platforms in the course textbook and/or web search.]
- Online retail store (e-tailer) - Fastfit can either create their own or partner with a major E-tailer like eBay or Amazon by setting up their own store within the E-tailer
- Search engine/Affiliate/Blog marketing - directs customers to online retailer store from search engines or other websites that they were visiting (portals) based upon their interests and demographics
- Transaction broker - streamlines payment processes between customer and provider
- Community provider - creates online hub where people can interact with other about their interests online, which provides a relevant place to advertise to interested potential customers
b) At what location within FastFit would you place these technology components and why?
- E-Commerce fulfillment center, because the central purpose of this branch is to deal with E-Commerce and related online customer processes
- The E-Commerce center is located within the warehouse, therefore customer order information would be treated like order information coming from the storefronts
FastFit is planning to invest significantly in its e-commerce platform to increase online ordering. Describe three technology features/capabilities that should be included in the platform and provide business justifications for each...