1. (TCO 1) Historical research involves four main tasks. Interpret refers to the task of: (Points : 4) locating primary sources to learn the facts
asking questions like "Who created the source and why?" analyzing all the available primary sources and judging which is the most accurate distributing the new findings to the world
2. (TCO 6) The main fronts in World War I were in: (Points : 4) France and Russia
Germany and Austria
Italy and Greece
Africa and Asia
3. (TCO 5) All of the following were major factors that helped the Reds to win the Russian Civil War except: (Points : 4) peasants and minority nationalities feared a White victory more than a Red one Whites wanted to continue WWI
Bolsheviks controlled the heartland of Russia
Whites were not unified as well as Bolsheviks
4. (TCO 5) The Big Three of World War II were: (Points : 4)
Stalin, Eisenhower, and Churchill
Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini
Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Stalin
Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill
5. (TCO 9) What city was divided during the Cold War, and became a hotspot for espionage and intrigue? (Points : 4) Paris
6. (TCO 9) During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the U.S. and the Soviet Union were led by: (Points : 4) Reagan and Gorbachev
Reagan and Khrushchev
Kennedy and Castro
Kennedy and Khrushchev
7. (TCO 8) Why did some European nations decide to limit welfare state benefits in the 1980s and 1990s? (Points : 4) They were worried about rapidly rising GDPs.
They feared the loss of pensions and other benefits.
The increase in regional cooperation caused a recession and high inflation. Social welfare programs brought high taxes and more government regulation.
8. (TCO 6) Why did India become two countries after independence in 1947?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document