Complete and Submit into the dropbox for 10 points Extra Credit.
1. Which is the most common cause of death from unintentional injury for teens?
2. Underline the correct answer: How would you classify an injury sustained from driving without a seat belt?
3. How would you classify being hit and killed by a drunk driver?
4. Why do teens have more car accidents than older drivers do? 5. During which type of disaster is it most important to turn off all electricity?
6. What is a family communication plan?
7. Underline the least reliable source of safety information.
8. List an example of cyberbullying.
Motorized vehicle crashes (75%)
Alcohol is involved in unintentional deaths 35% of the time
Less experience driving, often take risks
Alcohol is often involved
Reduces risk of electrocution
A plan to contact family members when emergency strikes
Revealing private information to others (outing and trickery)
Repeatedly sending vicious and cruel messages to a person (harassment)
9. What term describes the strategy used to prevent violence before it escalates?
10. How do you treat a muscle cramp in the leg?
11. Explain the difference between a sprain and a strain.
12. Which emergency does the Heimlich maneuver treat?
13. True or False. Younger teen boys are more likely to engage in physical fights.
14. True or False. Blindness is a result of shaken baby syndrome.
15. Underline the correct answer: Which term best defines a preventable injury? Unexpected
Massaging it firmly
Stretching the muscle
Applying moist heat to area
Strain: small tears in muscle that cause swelling and bruising
Sprain: stretched or torn ligaments that cause pain and swelling
High school freshman are more likely to fight than seniors
Death is also a result