Online Mock Test and Exam Management System
Online Examination System is a software solution, which allows a particular company or institute to arrange, conduct and manage examinations via an online environment. This can be done through the Internet, Intranet and/or Local Area Network environments.
Some of the problems faced by manual examination systems are delays in result processing, filing poses a problem, filtering of records is not easy, The chance of loss of records is high and also record searching is difficult. Maintenance of the system is also very difficult and takes lot of time and effort.
I intend to use the systems development life cycle (SDLC) which is a conceptual model used in project management that describes the stages involved in an information system development project.
Microsoft Visual basic 2010 will be used to achieve the project because of its flexibility and English-Like Syntax. Microsoft SQL Server will be used as the database management system.
Online Examination System is a software application which allows a particular company or institute to arrange, conduct and manage any examination via online.
In this module a candidate can be given online exam of a particular subject and get the results instantly through which the user can know his/her potentials and how much more effort he/she needs to put in to get better marks.
Every other thing that should be included in Chapter One is with you. Arrange them
Good Luck. You can call me anytime
Before proceeding with the design and implementation of this project, I have studied many existing Online Examination management Systems. This study helped me a lot to know the various features of online examination management systems.
The umFundi Examination System, coursewebs online exam, online examinations by deft info systems limited are some online examination management systems used worldwide.
I have studied each system and noticed some special features of them which are listed as follows:
The umFundi Examination System
• A test can be compiled with questions from different topics/libraries. • A “serial number” is provided for each question according to topic, etc. • The “serial number” can be used to search for and select questions. • Tests can be created on a random basis per student.
• Specific questions can be flagged to be included/excluded in a test. • The online examination system is suitable for surveys. • The online examination system can automatically add the marks allocated in each question to determine the total mark for the test. • Export question papers and memoranda to .txt or .doc file • A time limit can be set for the test.
• The sequence of questions can be randomized.
• The distractors/options per question can be randomized. • Students can navigate within a test (i.e. backwards and forwards). Can be set. Navigation tools/buttons can be selected for a test, and these buttons can be switched on/off per question/test, e.g. backward/forward buttons. • Students can be forced to go through all the questions at least once, before exiting the test. • Students can be allowed to exit the test before completing all the questions. • After exiting a test, students can continue the test from the last question they answered. • A specific date for a test to be active can be set.
• The System does not limit the number of times a student can write a test/exam. • After exiting a test, students cannot continue the test/exam from the last question they answered. Course-webs online exam
• Questions can be multiple choice, true/false, short answer (fill in the blank), multiple answer (checkboxes), and essay. •...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document