SONAR HIGH SCHOOL
Annual Examination 2013 Full Marks: 50 Class: V Time: 1hr 30 mins Subject: English
1. Answer any five of the following questions:
a) What is Hillary’s step?
b) What plan did the crocodile’s wife make to catch the monkey? c) Describe how Arjuna aimed the bird’s eye?
d) The old woman was kind and helpful – Explain
e) What did the leaves whisper? What did the spirit do then? f) How did the husband look after the house on behalf of his wife?
2. Write a creative writing on any one of the topics: 6 a) A composition on ‘Annual Prize Distribution Ceremony’ (Who were present – who were with you – how it started – what were the programs – how you enjoyed the show) b) A composition on ‘Visit to the Zoo’
(Where was the zoo- who were there – who were with you – describe the surroundings – which animals you watched – your views about the zoo) c) A letter inviting your friend on your Birthday Party
3. Answer any five questions in short: 1x5=5 a) Why was the Sal tree special?
b) Who was the captain of the Everest expedition? How many members were there? c) Who was Dronacharya? What was his test?
d) What are the items used in an apple dumpling?
e) What did the cat do?
f) Why was the monkey clever?
4. Answer any four questions in one sentence only: 0.5x4=2 a) What is the usefulness of a tree?
b) Who were in the first team in the Everest expedition?
c) Who opposed against Dronacharya?
d) What was the wife’s idea?
e) What did the old women get in exchange of a golden chain?
5. Write the events which occurred at: (any 2) 0.5x2=1 6:30am; 11:30am; 4am.
6. Write the weapons used by any two of the character: 0.5x2=1 Bhima/ Nakul and Sahadev/ Yudishtir
7. Make sentences with any two words: 0.5x2=1 Churn/ Arrow/ Concentrated
8. Read the paragraph and answer any two of the following questions: 0.5x2=1 There was a mouse that lived in a hole. One day, he went into the nose of a sleeping lion. The lion roared, “I will not let you go, I will eat you up.” Hearing this, the mouse squeaked, “I beg your mercy please leave me this time, I may be in your help in the time of need.” A) Where did the mouse live?
B) What did the mouse tell the lion?
C) What did the lion tell the mouse?
9. Divide subject and predicate: (any 4) 0.5x4=2 a) The deer was killed by the king.
b) The song was sung by the bird.
c) Ram picks flowers every morning.
d) The young boy is playing football.
e) I beg your pardon.
10. Change into simple future tense: (any 2) 0.5x2=1 a) I play football everyday.
b) Many a people ruin their life in search of a good job.
c) Last week I went to Bhutan.
11. Change into present continuous tense: (any 2) 0.5x2=1 a) They did the work carefully.
b) John lost the match
c) They talks very much.
12. Change into past continuous tense: (any 2) 0.5x2=1 a) Daisy walks for an hour every morning.
b) They come to my house every week.
c) The man came here yesterday.
13. Change into simple present tense: (any 4) 0.5x4=2 a) I shall go there tomorrow.
b) They are coming here now.
c) The farmer was working last evening.
d) He was there last night.
e) I shall...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document