1) The idea that all knowledge is attained through experience was referred to as _____ by the Greek philosopher Aristotle. a) Philosophical empiricism
2) _____ believed that the body was made up of material substances and the mind was made up of immaterial or spiritual substances. a) Descartes
3) Sam's daughter starts to hit other children while at the playground. Her daughter has never been exposed to violence nor has she ever seen someone hit another person. This would be an example of Plato's argument called _____. Answer:
4) What was the major difference in emphasis between Wundt and Titchener? a) Wundt wanted psychology to thrive and started journals and organizations, while Titchener was only concerned with research and experiments. b) Wundt emphasized how the elements of consciousness were related, while Titchener focused on identifying the basic elements themselves. c) Wundt wanted to explore the neurological processes of mental events, while Titchener wanted to focus on identifying the basic elements of consciousness. d) Wundt emphasized the elements of consciousness while Titchener was most interested in the characteristics of human nature. 5) In class one day, your teacher shows you an apple and asks you to think about and record your feelings and perceptions of it. What method is your teacher using? a) Brain scanning
6) _____ believed that the mind is what the brain does.
7) Which of the following is something NOT measured in reaction time? a) You are asked to respond every time you see an X.
b) You respond to whether a stimulus appears on the left or the right side of a screen by pressing a button. c) You are asked to rate how you feel about a particular topic. d) You are shown a picture of a dog and you are supposed to identify...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document