• Case: SkyWest, Inc. and the Regional Airline Industry in 2009
• SkyWest INC is a regional airline that operates on contracts with other major airlines connecting smaller hubs to the main location. This relationship with the major airlines has given SkyWest a great advantage to become a profitable company. Sky west has excelled and has been awarded "Regional Airline Company of the Year”, and “Number One on Time Airline”. This has help SkyWest acquire more contracts and now they have expanded across the states and looking to join new international markets.
Give a brief statement of the purpose of the report and how the report is organized
• The purpose of this report is to internally and externally analyze SkyWest, Inc. and the Regional Airline Industry in 2009. The analysis will be broken up into the following consecutive sections: economic factors, driving forces, key success factors, five forces model of competition, SWOT analysis, financial assessment, key decisions, and alternatives. From this analysis, we will recommend what the firm could do to address each of the main points at issue.
Give a brief summary of the current situation
• At the end of 2009, SkyWest, Inc. was the largest independently owned regional airline company in the regional airline subgroup of the airline industry. Its two wholly owned regional airlines’, SkyWest Airlines and Atlantic Southeast Airlines, combined operations offered service through approximately 2,400 departures and 208 cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Give a brief summary of the current vision, mission, objectives, and strategies
• Atlantic Southeast Airlines’ current vision is to be committed to connecting more people, more often; to the places they love, by becoming the world’s first super regional airline.
• They intend to do that by putting safety first in everything they do, treating people with dignity and respect, operating with honesty, integrity and