1. What are the common language that the people use ?
Human speaks at least two language:
a. Non-verbal Language
b. Verbal language
2. What is Non-Verbal Communication ?
- is the process of communication through sending and receiving wordless cues between people. In short, non-verbal communication is any communication that does not use words.
-refers to any communication that does not use words.
-the oldest form of communication much before oral communications or languages came into being.
Nonverbal communication skills are a vital part of our everyday lives. As you’ll recall from our introductory chapter, a channel is the sensory route on which a message travels. Oral communication only relies on one channel, because spoken language is transmitted through sound and picked up by our ears. Nonverbal communication, on the other hand, can be taken in by all five of our senses. Since most of our communication relies on visual and auditory channels, those will be the focus of this chapter. 3. Do you believe in this quotation ? (Actions speaks louder than words) ______________________________________________________________________________
4. This was proven by Albert Mehrabian.
Albert Mehrabian – He is a UCLA professor. He determined that messages received in communication are actually mostly received in a non-verbal form. _____________________________________________________________________
* 7% happens in spoken words.
* 38% happens through voice tone.
* 55% happens via general body language.
5. 55% of messages received and processed by your brain are based on your body language. This means that you are actually judged more on your physical stance and facial movements while communicating. A high percentage makes it imperative that you are aware of the way you look when communicating. For example,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document