Module 3: Natural Forces Affecting the Driver
Vocabulary: Please define six (6) of the following terms in your own words. Please do not just copy and paste the definition.
1. Gravity- the force that pulls objects into the Earth
2. Inertia- something that allows objects to stay still if it is still and in motion if it is motion
3. Potential Energy- the amount of energy an object has when still
4. Kinetic Energy- the amount of energy an object has while moving
5. Friction- the resistance of one surface on another surface
6. Traction-the pulling of something over a surface
7. Centrifugal Force- A force that acts on an object moving around a center, coming from the object's inertia
8. Centripetal Force- A force that acts on an object moving in a circular path and is pulled toward the center around which the object is moving.
9. Deceleration-a decrease in the speed of an object
10. Force of impact-the energy transfer between objects on impact
Module 4: Signs, Signals & Pavement Markings
1. Explain the purpose of the following
A. The difference between solid and broken lines is: being able to cross into another lane in the same traveling direction and separating the two different traveling direction lanes is the difference between broken and solid lines respectively.
B. Yellow lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: Yellow lines broken or solid indicate opposite flows of traffic.
C. White lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: The white line means traffic in both lanes is traveling in the same direction. The broken lines indicate that drivers may change lanes.
2. Observe and