1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1. Sick leave
2. Duties and responsibilities
3. Disciplinary Procedures
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
1. Health and safety
2. Data protection.
3. Pay and Pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
2. Employment Rights and Resposibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
1. Line Manager
2. Personnel Specialists
1. Citizen Advice Bureau
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One example of a representative bodies is a Trade Union. Thse can be large organisations that represent the interests of there members.
They can offer assistance through work based repesentatives and can help employees in Health and Safety, Redundancy and Collective bargaining and Pensions.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer responsibilities for equality and diversity