(Make it. Yes, you.)
( Can do by yourself)
[Agraj (He did all the work)
Just kidding, ask bala for who he asked and we’ll put in some random stuff later]
What is a bank?
The term bank is derived from the French word Banco which means a Bench or Money exchange table. A bank is a financial institution which deals with deposits and advances and other related services. It receives money from those who want to save in the form of deposits and it lends money to those who need it. Why are banks important?
Banks are large and complex organizations. Their clients range from individuals and institutions, all the way up to the governments and central banks of entire countries. The work they do simply involves money – their money, their clients' money: borrowing it, lending it, and many other related activities. It's an important undertaking. The movement of capital handled by banks allows economies to grow and prosper. Businesses and governments cannot be completely self-sufficient. They need money to operate, and banks act as intermediaries (like ‘middlemen') between the suppliers of funds and users of funds.
What are the different types of banks?
Banks' activities can be divided into:
* Retail banking - Dealing directly with individuals and small businesses; * Business banking - Providing services to mid-market business; * Corporate banking - Directed at large business entities; * Private banking - Providing wealth management services to high net worth individuals and families; * Investment banking - relating to activities on the financial markets. Most banks are profit-making, private enterprises. However, some are owned by government, or are non-profit organizations.
Banks come with a variety of names, and one bank can function as several different types of banks. Some of the most common types of banks are: * Retail banks
* Commercial banks
* Investment banks
* Central banks
* Credit unions
* Online banks
* Savings and loans
* Community Banks
* Postal savings banks
* Offshore Banks
* Ethical banks
* Private Banks, etc.
Our chosen bank
We chose HDFC BANK for our project.
HDFC Bank Limited (BSE: 500180, NSE: HDFCBANK, NYSE: HDB) is an Indian financial services company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra that was incorporated in August 1994 by Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC), India's largest housing finance company. * HDFC Bank is the fifth or sixth largest bank in India by assets and the second largest bank by market capitalization as of February 24, 2012.
* The bank was promoted by the Housing Development Finance Corporation, a premier housing finance company (set up in 1977) of India.
* HDFC Bank has 1986 branches and over 5,471 ATMs, in 996 cities in India, and all branches of the bank are linked on an online real-time basis.
* Times Bank Limited (owned by Bennett, Coleman & Co. / Times Group) was merged with HDFC Bank Ltd., in 2000. This was the first merger of two private banks in India. Shareholders of Times Bank received 1 share of HDFC Bank for every 5.75 shares of Times Bank.
HDFC Bank deals with three key business segments:
1. Wholesale Banking Services
2. Retail Banking Services
It has entered the banking consortia of over 50 corporates for providing working capital finance, trade services, corporate finance, and merchant banking. It is also providing sophisticated product structures in areas of foreign exchange and derivatives, money markets and debt trading And Equity research.
Visited Branch Name and Details: Bellandur
Address: #201, Green Glen Layout Outer Ring Road Bellandur Bengaluru-560103 Karnataka, India Tel: 080-61606161
High Value Cut of Timing
MICR Cut Off Timings
| 11.15 am
Branch Working &...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document