Significant Legal Decisions Involving Hate Speech in America
What exactly is Hate Speech? There are many different variations to this answer. According to dictionary.com, it is âspeech that attacks a person or group on the basis of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientationâ (âhate speechâ...
How to Brief a Case
Business law is not simply rules and regulations passed by federal and state organizations and legislatures. Business law also includes case law created when courts rule on various legal issues. Accordingly, being able to read and understand judicial opinions is critical to...
Mr. Mosley’s interim injunction to prevent the footage from being re-shown before the trial was based on Article 8, the right to respect for private and family life and correspondence. The Judge declined Mr Mosley’s application.
Mr Mosley’s sex life is of no concern to us. The activities M...
Brief history of prostitution
Note by the author This document owes a lot to Max Chaleil’s work. His book, ‘Le corps prostitué : le sexe dévorant’ is the main reference of this file. This historical summary will mainly concern France, even though there are a few comparisons with the situati...
• It is the responsibility of the police to preserve the peace and protect life and property
• When a crime has been committed and reported to the police, they have the duty to examine the scene, interview witnesses, seek out clues, find forensic and other evidence, que...
PRELIMINARY LEGAL STUDIES REVISION NOTES
Law is a set of rules that are seen binding on the community as a whole. It is a set of rules that can be enforced and is officially recognised.
Distinguish between customs, rules, laws, values and ethics:
Custom: Is a type of behaviour that...
HOW TO BRIEF A CASE
Before you brief a case, you should read it at least twice: the first time, to pick up the general idea, the second, to get a more thorough grasp of it.
A case brief contains the essential elements of a judicial decision:
(2) LEGAL QUESTION(s)
erms of Service
Welcome to OPPapers.com! Before you may use OPPapers.com, you must review and agree to the following terms and conditions. The following terms serve as a contract that governs your use of OPPapers.com.
YOUR AFFIRMATIVE ACT OF ACCESSING, USING AND/OR SUBSCRIBING TO OPPAPERS.COM SI...
The Speech Acts in English Legal Texts
A Master Thesis Submitted to Graduate School, Southwest University of Political Science and Law
In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for Master Degree of Forensic Linguistics in Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
Basic Legal Notions
Law - is a set of rules that is binding the community. A set of rules that can be enforced and is officially recognized. Law must be capable or reform and change as society’s values and ethics change.
To: Scott Haddock, Supervising Attorney
From: Bob Barker, Super Senior Paralegal
Re: Paige Turner
Our file No.: 12095
Public school searches
Date: June 6, 2013
1. The issue is whether public school officials have the authority to perform strip...
What is Contract?
Contract is an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as contract. Since the law of contracts is at the heart of most business dealings.
There are two important elem...
In The Supreme Court of the United States __________Ë__________ BOBBY LEE HOLMES, Petitioner, vs. STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA , Respondent. __________Ë__________ On Writ Of Certiorari To The Supreme Court of South Carolina __________Ë__________ BRIEF FOR RESPONDENT __________Ë________...
CASE 1: FLASH AIRLINE FLIGHT 604 CASE
1. The French plaintiffs sued the Egyptian carrier Flash Airlines in France. Have a look at the Warsaw Convention of 1929 (research the text on the internet). Identify the liability rules for damage sustained in the event of the death and, separately, the clau...
When looking at an Offer:
1. Present intent not preliminary negotiation. Wishy washy.
2. Definite and Certain Terms- Parties to the Contract, Subject Matter, Time and Price
3. Must be communicated
When looking at an Acceptance:
You have to have Consi...
Different approaches to lawyering and ethics
* 4 different approaches to lawyering and ethics:
* Conventional view: Adversarial advocacy / the ‘amoral’ role (justified by the concept of client autonomy) (Luban: ‘standard conception’)
* Alternatives: Responsible lawyer; mo...
Chapter 7 – terminology,
• Property – is the legal right to exclude others from resources that are originally possessed or are acwuired without force, theft, or fraud.
• Mortgage – put up their houses to secure the loans
• Real property law applies to ownership to land and interests i...
HUMAN RIGHTS SUMMARY
The concept of human rights is a result of the belief that certain basic rights transcend culture, ethnicity or other forms of diversity. All people deserve them and no government of regime should be allowed to deny its people HR.
“We hold these truths to be self evident...
NO. l0 NOV 20il
By Mohan Dholl, Legol Studies Teocher, PLC Croydon, NSW
Critrle - Evidence and Defences
The State has much power and the citizens of a State must be protected fiom the arbirary abuse of power by the State. The law enforcemenr arm of the State can detain peopl...
1. Basic Legal Concepts
* Meaning of Law
Law: A set of rules, imposed on all members of a community, which are officially recognised, binding and enforceable by persons or organisations such as the police and court.
* Customs, Rules and Law
* Established patterns of be...