Time 1607 - 1775
1. Throughout the colonial period, economic concerns had more to do with the settling of British North America than did religious concerns. Assess the validity of this statement with specific reference to economic and religious concerns. (90)
2. For the period before...
Placement (AP) courses challenge and enrich motivated students to expand their education beyond the typical secondary program. Advanced Placement UnitedStates History is a rigorous course designed to provide a college-level experience and preparation for the AP Exam in May. It is a two-semester survey...
#1 - 1993
• DBQ - Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settled largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this difference in development occur?
Scoring Guide - This guide has been modified twice in recent...
A SELECTION OF PAST AP U.S. FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS:
Part 1: Colonial Period to CivilWar
Colonial Times 1607 -1775
1. From 1600 -1763, several European nations vied for control of the North American continent. Why did England win the struggle? (73)
2. In the seventeenth century, New England...
New York State
Common Core K‐8 Social Studies Framework
Social Studies Education in the 21st Century: Rationale
In the interconnected world of the 21st century, it is necessary to revise the New York State Resource Guide
with Social Studies Core Curriculum to ensure that teac...
and values held by Puritans influence the political, economic, and social development of the New England colonies from 1630 through the 1660s?
2. Analyze the political, diplomatic, and military reasons for the UnitedStates victory in the Revolutionary War. Confine your answer to the period 1775–1783...
dynamic dimensions of the historical and physical development of Africa with respect to country, state, and the biographies, time lines, and critical events in Science, Literature, Technology and Culture. Particular attention will be paid to how these developments impacted the rest of the world.
1. 1971 “Between 1607 and 1763, Americans gained control of their political and economic institutions.”
To what extent and in what ways do you agree or disagree with this statement?
2. 1972 What role did unfree labor play in colonial American society?
3. 1973 From 1600 to 1763, several...
Effects of War
← 20th c Guerrilla Wars: Chinese CivilWar (1922-1949), French Indochina War (1945-1954, Battle of Dien Bien Phu), Vietnam War (1965-1973), Algerian War (France, 1954-1962), Afghan Resistance (1979-1989, Mujahadeen), Cuban Revolution (1957-1959)
← CivilWars: Spanish Civil War (Francisco...
UNITEDSTATES HISTORY I
Social Studies Department
Revised ~ 2006
(Ms. Jeanine Hayek)
I. COURSE DESCRIPTION
UnitedStates History I is a survey course spanning the period from the formation of the new UnitedStates government after the Revolutionary War up to and including...
Studies Curriculum Guide
Grade/Course: U.S. History, Grades 9-12 [pic]
Unit 1: Colonial Era
Elaborated Unit Focus: This unit is centered on the development of the English colonies in America...
Advanced Placement UnitedStates History
AP® U.S. History is a challenging course that is meant to be the equivalent of a freshman college course and can earn students college credit. It is a two-semester survey of American history from the age of exploration and discovery...
AP UnitedStates History
3 April 2013
Prompt: In what ways did developments in transportation bring about economic and social change in the UnitedStates in the period 1820-1860?
Over time, transportation has shown to have an incredible impact on the UnitedStates. It has revealed to bring...
"borderlands" of the 1830s as well as the factors attracting American settlers.
The U.S expansionists were directing their ambitions to the North, West, and Southwest, but the conflicts between the U.S. and British North America came about over the border between them. In 1839, Canadian lumberjacks...
e. courts and legislatures acted to protect widows from unjust wills
7. Women on the frontier were a vital link in an economic and social
unit. The family depended on them
8. Status of women seems to have declined from 17th century into...
Human Rights and the War on Terror
Introduction by Jack Donnelly
Andrew Mellon Professor
Graduate School of International Studies, University of Denver
War rarely is good for human rights. The decision of the UnitedStates to launch a “global war
on terror” in response to the suicide...
Boston San Francisco
London Toronto Sydney Tokyo Singapore Madrid
Mexico City Munich Paris Cape Town Hong Kong Montreal
This work is protected by UnitedStates copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning. Dissemination or sale...
effective Fall 2010
AP Course Descriptions are updated regularly. Please visit AP Central ® (apcentral.collegeboard.com) to determine whether a more recent Course Description PDF is available.
The College Board
The College Board is a not-for-profit membership...
in the West during the 19th century. The U.S. economicdevelopment in the 19th century was characterized by the Westward movement of population and the accumulation of productive lands. After President Thomas Jefferson purchase Louisiana Territory, it doubled the size of the UnitedStates landmarks...
AP UnitedStates History
This course is designed to provide a college-level experience and preparation for the AP Exam in May. An emphasis is placed on interpreting documents, mastering a significant body of factual information, and writing critical essays. Topics include life...