1. Use of Internet, digital commercial transactions between organisations and individuals. 2. Money exchange in return of products and/or services.
3. Began in 1995, 1st internet portals: netscape.com => new media (ads and sales). 4. Exponential growth curve => it is slowed down only in 2008 (to 16% annual growth!), FYI: „dot-com” bubble burst in March, 2008. Companies were failed, yet many others not (i.e.: Amazon, eBay, Expedia, Google). 5. 1.4 billion people are connected in the world, 112 million go online per day, 97M send email a day, 71M use SE / day, 67M read a blog/day, 3M use the net to rate a person, product or a service. 6. More industried will be transformed
7. It goes social, i.e.: Nexon Games, Maplestory – play free, but pay for the extras then. It means 30 cents to $30. FYI: 85 million users globally, including 5.9 registered in the US. In 2007: 1.3 million articles of clothing were purchased and +1 million Management Information Systems Prentice-Hall, 2010. Isbn-13: 9780136078463 Managing The Digital Firm Below are the revised case lists for CS532 students using 11th Edition of text book. You will be asked to choose ONE of the following individual projects from each group, answering the questions posed at the end of the case:
· (Individual) Due 7/19/11: (Choose one of the following)
· Page 10-11 Virtual Meetings: Smart Management
· Page 23-24 UPS Completes Globally with Information Technology · Page 50-51 Air Canada Takes Off with Maintenex
· Page 53-54 Fresh, Hot, Fast Can Information Systems Help Johnny s Lunch Go National? · Page 93-94 Can Technology Save Soldier s Lives in Iraq?
· Page 100-101 Can Detroit Make the Cars Customers Want?
· Page 144-145 What Should We Do About Cyberbullying?
· Page 148-149 Flexible Scheduling at Wal-Mart: Good, Bad for Employees? (10% of final grade)
· (Individual) Due 8/2/11: (Choose one of the following)
· Page 182-183 Computing Goes Green
· Page 192-193...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document