Although e-commerce application is not very popular in Sri Lanka, there are several organizations which successfully apply e-commerce in their business. One of the such organization is Kapruka (www.lanka.info).
The main objective of Kapruka is to provide online shopping facilities. In addition they have wide range of services for customers. They are gift delivery in Sri Lanka, photo print and delivery to customers, download Sinhala Mp3, rent a car in Sri Lanka, astrology services, and obtain Sinhala books / DVD / Videos. The business model operates by Kapruka is mainly B2C (Business to Customers) and B2B (Business to Business) transactions also happens.
The B2C model involves transaction between business organization and consumers. The business organization sells its products or services to consumers over the internet. The following illustration briefly describes the process.
Hosts product details
Access product information
Receive order process
Place an order for the
and dispatches product
We can see B2B model involves in Kapruka services when reloading mobile phones
Through the internet.
* ADVANTAGES OF E-COMMERCE
1) Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find products. 2) Buying and selling at all times 24/7.
3) More reach to customers, there is no theoretical geographic limitations. 4) Low operational costs and better quality of services.
5) No need of physical company set-ups.
6) Easy to start and manage a business.
7) Customers can easily select products from different providers without moving around physically. 8) Customization-sellers can provide according to specific individuals requirements. 9) Eliminate Travel...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document