Mold is a type of fungus that grows on plant and food and is most often associated with damp, musty locations such as bathrooms, basements, and attics. Mold travels through the air as tiny spores which like to make their home in wet areas, where they will breed. If mold is spotted, it is best to take care of it right away so that it does not spread to other areas. It is also a good indication of a moisture problem. In addition to molds ugly appearance, it can also present a health hazard to one’s health. It is an allergen and an irritant. Someone who suffers from household allergies or asthma will have probably have trouble breathing in homes with a mold problem. Eyes, ears, noses, and throats can become irritated as well. Mold is a living fungus that, unlike plants, can't process light for nourishment. However, mold does require small amounts of water and food supplied directly from a host. If you have ever seen green or white spots on your bread, or thrown out a loaf of bread covered with black mold, you know that bread is one of the foods appealing to certain molds. Many kinds of bread area treated with chemicals specifically to retard the growth of mold. Do not eat any bread with any sign of mold. The small spots you see are just the visible parts of an extensive network. Wrap any moldy bread tightly so as not to breathe in the dry spoors, and throw it away where no pets or children will be exposed.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document