• What are the different types of plans that organizations can use? What types of plans does your organization use, and why do they use these plans?
There are different types of plans for an organization like examples, a financial plan, a production plan, a sales plan and etc. My organization uses very similar plans like the ones I mentioned because in order to have a success business one must plan ahead and have a future view of the organization.
• What are the steps in the planning process? Which step is the most crucial? Why?
The steps in the planning process are, Planning, Organizing, Leading, and Controlling. I think the most crucial one is Leading because in order to have success you must lead the organization to the correct path and a leader has been placed at its position because of their management skills which involves almost all steps in the planning process.
• Do you think organizations can overplan? Explain your response.
Yes, I think over planning can happen. I think it is always best practice to have a plan B in the case that something goes wrong with plan A.
• What are three factors that affect the planning process? How do these factors affect the planning process? Three factors that can affect a planning process can be, competition, the economy, and management. Competition of course is when there is more than one organization out there offering a very similar product at a different price or a better one. The economy always affects business, if there is no jobs, there is no income therefore we do not have money to spend on offered products. Finally management can also fail in planning a good plan and may fail for what was expected.
• What role does organizational responsibility and ethics play in the planning process? It plays a role make things efficiently and the right way.