Weather Happy or Sad
It has long been believed that weather has influence over people's mood and behavior. In this experiment, the emotional disposition (characteristic outlook) of many test subjects will be evaluated on rainy and sunny days to find out if weather can really impact the way people feel.
Purpose, Problem Hypothesis, Abstract Materials Procedure Observations Results Conclusion
The Purpose: This experiment will evaluate if weather can affect the way people feel.
* Weather forecast
* About 5 to 10 test subjects
* Computer & Printer
* Weather Survey (that you created)
Does weather have any effect on mood?
1. Are people more likely to be lazy or sleepy on a rainy, overcast day? 2. Are people more likely to be happy on a sunny day?
Judging by my experience, I believe the weather does affect your mood.
1. Create a weather survey to give your test subjects that analyzes their current mood. Questions include:
* How many disagreements have you had today?
* On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with your life? * How many good things have happened to you today?
* Rate your current level of stress on a scale of 1 to 10. * On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like the weather today? * What is your current mood?
2. Wait for a sunny day and ask many test subjects to take your survey. Give the survey at the end of the day to ensure that test subjects have been exposed to the weather long enough for it to have an effect. 3. Ask the same test subjects to repeat the survey at the end of an overcast, rainy day. 4. Analyze the surveys taken by each test subject.
The results of this experiment supported my hypothesis. On a rainy day, the majority of the test subjects felt sleepy and lazy. On a sunny day, the test subjects felt happy, but some were tired because of all the schoolwork they had done. In conclusion, the weather can affect our mood, but it can...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document