biology lab #1 dissolved oxygen
Determine which of the following observations are testable. For those that are testable: • Write a hypothesis and null hypothesis
• What would be your experimental approach?
• What are the dependant and independent variables?
• What is your control?
• How will you collect data?
• How will you present your data (charts, graphs, types)?
• How will you analyze your data?
1. When a plant is placed on a window sill, it grows faster than when it is placed on a coffee table in the middle of the living room.
2. The teller at the bank with brown hair and brown eyes is taller than the other tellers.
3. I caught four fish at seven o’ clock in the morning but didn’t catch any at noon. 4. The salaries at Smith and Company are based on the number of sales and Billy makes 3,000 dollars more than Joe.
5. When Sally eats healthy foods and exercises regularly, her blood pressure is lower than when she does not exercise and eats fatty foods.
6. The Italian restaurant across the street closes at 9 pm but the one two blocks away closes at 10 pm.
7. Bob bought a new blue shirt with a golf club on the back for twenty dollars. 8. For the past two days the clouds have come out at 3 pm and it has started raining at 3:15 pm.
9. George did not sleep at all last night because he was up finishing his paper. 10. Ice cream melts faster on a warm summer day than on a cold winter day. 11. How can you apply scientific method to an everyday problem? Give one example.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document