Table of Contents
EDT 5374 Final Project: Using Mail Merge in Microsoft Word 2010 and making a video tutorial with CamStudio, VirtualDub, & Freemake1 Step by step reference: Using Mail Merge in Word 20101
Step by step reference: Making a video tutorial with CamStudio, VirtualDub, & Freemake4 Learning Objectives8
Transcript of the Narration8
Step by step reference: Using Mail Merge in Word 2010
1. Go to , then .
2. The will help you through process, using this window on the right.
3. Chose , then click .
4. Chose , then click .
5. Choose , then click to find the recipient list (Class Roster).
6. Click and select the worksheet that contains the recipient list (Sheet1) and Click .
7. It will show the recipient list. Click to close.
10. Insert FirstName then Insert LastName
11. Click .
12. You can look at each recipient’s copy by clicking the arrows.
13. Click .
14. You can either or for all recipients.
Step by step reference: Making a video tutorial with CamStudio, VirtualDub, & Freemake
1. Download CamStudio Portable; navigate to http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/camstudio_portable
2. Open CamStudio.
3. Set your screen region; choose from program menu and choose .
4. Set you video options; choose from program menu and choose .
5. Choose as Compressor and slide the to adjust the to .
6. Set your cursor options; choose from program menu and choose .
7. Check the
8. Check the under menu.
9. Now you can start recording your screen capture video:
10. (Between steps 10 to 17 are for editing video, if it is necessary.) Download VirtualDub Portable; navigate to http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/virtualdub_portable
11. Open VirtualDub.
12. Choose under menu.
13. Browse your recorded screen capture video.
14. By using and under menu, you can delete the unwanted parts of you video. In this case, those will be the first and last seconds of video.
15. Make sure that you keep the same “compression”; go to under menu.
16. Select the and click .
17. Use under File menu to save your video.
18. Open “Freemake Video Converter” to convert the AVI video to MP4 video (to decrease the file size).
19. Click to add video and click to convert it.
• The teacher will be able to use “Mail Merge” in Microsoft Word 2010.
• The teacher will be able to download and install free portable multimedia tools (CamStudio, VirtualDub, & Freemake).
• The teacher will be able to record a screen capture video to make a video tutorial.
• The teacher will be able to edit a video.
• The teacher will be able to convert a video from a specific video format to another one.
This tutorial project is aligned to the ISTE NETS for Teachers:
“2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments; Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS·S”
2. a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
2. b. Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals,...