1.1 Explain why effective communication is important in developing positive relationships with young children, young people and adults.
* To develop positive relationship we need to demonstrate and model effective communication. * Need to consider how we approach other people and respond. * Positive relationship always enables people to communicate information with one another. * Strong and effective communication helps parents and any adults who come into the school setting to get beneficial support, which in turn benefits pupil. * Important to model effective communication skills for pupils. * Especially in moments of stress in a school setting it is crucial and vital to communicate efficiently and effectively with young people, children and adults. It also sets firm boundaries and expectations to the children and young people.
1.2 PRINCIPLES OF BUILDING POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS. Explain the principles of relationship building with children, young people and adults.
Being clear on key points
Maintaining a sense of humour
Taking time to listen to others
Remembering issues which are personal to them
1. Effective Communication:
* This is a key area for developing relationships with others. * It helps to build relationship with people.
* It also helps people to trust and work well in any setting.
2. Showing respect:
* Being courteous and respectful, and listening to others point of view. * By showing respect and acknowledging people’s views and beliefs helps to build a better rapport and understanding among the people in any setting.
3. Being Considerate:
* In any setting taking time and being considerate to young people and adults, helps us to understand why they might have behaved in a particular way under stress or pressure.