This project report is based on comparison made between two leaders knows as CEO of Apple Company Late Steve Jobs and CEO of Virgin Group Sir Richard Branson. In this project report both Leaders have been compared and contrasted according to their leadership qualities, skills, attitudes, personalities and value system owned by each of them.
According to this given project report comparison made between both the leaders shows that Richard Branson is considered as an effective Leader because he is participative and charismatic in nature. He possesses several leadership, managerial and entrepreneurial skills and qualities.
Sum up, according to analysis of given project, this report provides some recommendations regarding the Leadership styles and qualities to be followed in organizations.
* There is no single style of leadership to be followed by leaders because leaders must change their styles according to required situation.
* An effective leader has qualities such as honesty, loyalty, responsibility, excellent communication, enthusiasm, motivation, competence and etc.
* Successful Leaders are required for managing conflicts, framing appropriate decisions, thinking strategically, empowering employees, and designing team based structures (Mind Tools Ltd 2013).
* Steve Jobs and Sir Richard Branson both applied similar approach of being a transformational leader and valued factors such as quality and innovation for creating a successful and sustainable business.
* Steve Jobs Late CEO of Apple Company was an autocratic and transactional leader. He was having excellent communication and technical skills for applying it to new technologies but he lacked interpersonal skills with him.
* Richard Branson CEO of Virgin Group is considered as participative, charismatic, and leader. He possessed skills such as interpersonal, communication, negotiation and persuasion for diversifying several brands under a single virgin group.... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Two Leaders S. Jobs and R. Branson. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Two-Leaders-s-Jobs-And-r-1427270.html
"Two Leaders S. Jobs and R. Branson" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Two-Leaders-s-Jobs-And-r-1427270.html>.
- MLA 7
"Two Leaders S. Jobs and R. Branson." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Two-Leaders-s-Jobs-And-r-1427270.html>.
"Two Leaders S. Jobs and R. Branson." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Two-Leaders-s-Jobs-And-r-1427270.html.