(here.. if u can find some captions that would make this paper interesting to read.. I mean to for this to be appealing?? Lagyan nyo ng eye-catching introduction, di kasi ako journalist nung HS.. so kung sino man senyo ang journalist nung HS.. make this.. hehe)
President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's 10-point Agenda
1. The creation of six million jobs in six years via more opportunities given to entrepreneurs, tripling of the amount of loans for lending to small and medium enterprises and the development of one to two million hectares of land for agricultural business.
2. The construction of new buildings, classrooms, provision of desks and chairs and books for students and scholarships to poor families,
3. The balancing of the budget,
4. The "decentralization" of progress around the nation through the use of transportation networks like the roll-on, roll-off and the digital infrastructure,
5. The provision of electricity and water supply to barangays nationwide,
6. The decongestion of Metro Manila by forming new cores of government and housing centers in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao,
7. The development of Clark and Subic as the best international service and logistic centers in the region,
8. The automation of the electoral process,
9. A just end to the peace process, and
10. A fair closure to the divisiveness among the Edsa 1, 2 and 3 forces.
(Arroyo strolling in the region of the Subic-Tarlac Express way)
II. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS
BEAT THE ODDS
B - balanced budget
E - education for all
A - automated elections
T - transportation and digital infrastructure.
T - terminate hostilities with the MILF and NPA
H - heal the wounds of EDSAs I, II and III
E - electricity and water for all.
O - opportunities for livelihood and ten million jobs
D - decongestion of Metro Manila
DS - develop Subic and Clark.
“The development of Clark and Subic as the best international service and logistic centers in the region”
(This part nman.. description ng project.. iniwan ko na toh.. pra me gagawin nman kau.. mas mhaba.. mas okei.. joke.. ewan.. kayo na bhala kung brief but straight to the point or elongated but florid statement..hahaha)
( Guys. In this part. I don’t know if we must concentrate on our assigned agenda or we must also look at the overall view of the ten point agenda.. what I’ve searched is ung sa overall kasi di rin ako mkahanap ng about sa subic echos.. sana kayo mkahanap.. then place it under this overall analysis.. kayo na bhala)
BEATING THE ODDS is an analytical close up of policy making, decision making, and action taking by a Philippine President under the most challenging circumstances. Through rigorous research and study, we students as researchers have been able to consolidate a portrait of leadership centralizing hounding budget deficit and economy downfall. Beating the odds is composed of many issues but we concentrated on the issue of budgeting, governance and the tenth agenda. President Arroyo presided over 34 quarters of uninterrupted growth in the Philippine economy, drastically cut the deficit and set the basis of financial stability through the global financial crunch of 2009. The budget was in a dismal state when she first took over the reins of power in 2001. Revenues were low, debt was high, and inefficiencies and corruption drained the country’s coffers. She took steps to ensure the proper ranking of government expenditures and allocations and implemented tax reforms to improve collections. By supporting and pushing the revenue and customs agencies to ferret out tax evaders, she stepped up revenue collections. Working closely with Congress, she pushed for the approval of fiscal reforms to further increase revenues and balances the budget. Her actions sustained the economy as it ushered in a period of sustained growth that has shielded the Philippines...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document