2.Name something that ‘flash about’ in the poem. Lightning(stanza 4) 3.From the poem, we can conclude that the persona wants to know How nature works. 4. How does the persona feel about his father not answering his questions? The persona is confused and puzzled as to why her father refuses to answer her questions. 5.Who do you think the persona in the poem is? Explain why you think so? He must be a little child because he is very inquisitive. He also does not understand many simple things. He is very innocent.
6.Who is the persona in the poem? A child.
7.Based on the poem, what element of Nature can be felt but can never be seen? Wind. 8.What is the poem about? Wonders of Nature.
9.Which word in the poem shows that the persona has a lot of questions to ask? And. 10. The phrase ‘blow out’ refers to The star.
11. The use of wh-questions shows that The persona wants to know more about the wonders of nature.
12. The persona in the poem is very observant.
13. The phrase’ where can the missing bit be found’ describes The moon. 14. Why is the persona disappointed? His questions are not answered. 15. Give an expression that tells us that the shape of the moon changes from time to Time not quite round.
16. The phrase ‘the lightning flash about’ appeals to the sense of sight. 17. The title ‘I wonder’ reflects the persona’s curiosity. 18. What does the word ‘fluffy’ mean? Feathery.
19. Give one word that describes the persona. Curious.
20. What does the persona find puzzling about the birds? How birds know how to build their nest. 21. In the first stanza, what does the word ‘wonder’ indicate? Curiosity. 22.
What does the phrase ‘if he knows’ in the last stanza tell about the persona? Tells us that the persona thinks his father may not know how nature works. 23. Who is the persona in the poem? A young child.
24. Explain in your own words, what you understand by the last 2 lines. The child is disappointed...