|[pic] |Syllabus | | |College of Information Systems & Technology | | |POS/420 Version 10 | | |Introduction to UNIX® |
Copyright © 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2001, 2000 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
This course is a survey of the UNIX® operations. The student will gain an understanding of the internal operations of the UNIX® system, which enables the user to make efficient use of files, file systems, and processes. Commands for efficient management of UNIX® system files, file systems and process, systems administration and security are also examined.
Faculty and students/learners will be held responsible for understanding and adhering to all policies contained within the following two documents:
• University policies: You must be logged into the student website to view this document. • Instructor policies: This document is posted in the Course Materials forum.
University policies are subject to change. Be sure to read the policies at the beginning of each class. Policies may be slightly different depending on the modality in which you attend class. If you have recently changed modalities, read the policies governing your current class modality.
Blum, R., & Bresnahan, C. (2011). Linux® command line and shell scripting bible (2nd ed.). Indianapolis, IN: Wiley.
Das, S. (2013). Your UNIX®/Linux®: The ultimate guide. (3rd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Love, P., Merlino, J., Zimmerman, C., Reed, J. C., & Weinstein, P. (2005). Beginning Unix®. Indianapolis, IN: Wiley.
Red Hat® Linux® 6 (Virtual Desktop)
All electronic materials are available on the student website. Reading Material :
1. REQUIRED Text Books: The following text books are available in UOP eBook Collection.
1. Guide to Linux Shell Script Programming By Todd Meadors 2. Beginning Unix by Paul Love
3. Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible - Richard Blum
2. RECOMMENDED Text books:
Unix : Visual Inside Linux QuickStart
[pic] [pic] [pic] Unix Shell The Unix Programming vi Editor Pocket Programming Environment Reference Stephen G. Kochan, Brian W. Kernighan, Arnold Robbins, Gigi Estabrook Patrick H. Wood Robert Pike
3. Online Tutorials :
1. UNIX Tutorial for Beginners
2. Idaho State University Unix Tutorial
3. UNIX Tutorial for Beginners
4. UNIX Tutorial
|Week One: Basic UNIX® Commands and Shells | | |Details |Due |Points | |Objectives |Distinguish between the versions of UNIX®. | | | | |Use basic UNIX® commands. | | | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document