1. Adhabu ya kaburi aijua maiti, The touture of the grave is only known by the corpse 2. Akiba haiozi, A reserve will not decay
3. Asifuye mvuwa imemnyea. He who praises rain has been rained on. 4. Akili nyingi huondowa maarifa. Great wit drives away wisdom 5. Asiye kubali kushindwa si mshindani.He who does not admit defeat is not a sportsman 6. Atangaye na jua hujuwa. He wanders around by day a lot, learns a lot 7. Asiye kuwapo na lake halipo.If you are absent you lose your share 8. Avumaye baharini papa kumbe wengi wapo.Shark is the famous one in sea the but they many others 9. Baada ya dhiki faraja.After hardship comes relief.
10. Baniani mbaya kiatu chake dawa.An evil Indian but his bussiness is good. 11. Bendera hufuata upepo. A flag follows the direction of the wind. 12. Bilisi wa mtu ni mtu.The evil spirit of a man is a man. 13. Chamlevi huliwa na mgema.The drunkard's money is being consumed by palm-wine trapper. 14. Chanda chema huvikwa pete.A handsome finger gets the ring. 15. Chombo cha kuzama hakina usukani. A sinking vessel needs no navigation. 16. Chovya - chovya yamaliza buyu la asali. Constant dipping will empty goud of honey 17. Dalili ya mvua mawingu. Clouds are the sign of rain
18. Damu nzito kuliko maji.Blood is thicker than water
19. Dawa ya moto ni moto. the remedy of fire is fire
20. Dua la kuku halimpati mwewe.the curse of the fowl does not bother the kite. 21. Fadhila ya punda ni mateke. Gratitude of a donkey is a kick. 22. Fimbo ya mbali hayiuwi nyoka. A wepon which you don't have in hand wont kill a snake. 23. Fuata nyuki ule asali.Follow bees and you will get honey 24. Fumbo mfumbe mjinga mwerevu huligangua.Put a riddle to a fool a clever person will solve it 25. Ganda la mua la jana chungu kaona kivuno.The skin of yesteday's sugarcane is a havest to an ant. 26. Haba na haba hujaza kibaba.Little by little fills up the measure. 27. Hapana marefu yasio na mwisho.They is no distance that has no end. 28. Hakuna siri ya watu wawili.They is no secret between two people. 29. Haraka haraka haina baraka.Hurry hurry has no blessings 30. Hasira, hasara.Anger brings loss(Damage)
31. Heri kufa macho kuliko kufa moyo.It is better to lose your eyes than to lose your heart. 32. Heri kujikwa kidole kuliko ulimi.Better to stumble with toe than toungue. 33. Hiari ya shinda utumwa.Voluntary is better than force. 34. Hucheka kovu asiye kuwa na jeraha.He laughs at scar who has received no wound. 35. Ihsani (hisani)haiozi.Kindness does not go rotten.
36. Ikiwa hujui kufa,tazama kaburi.If you don't know death look at the grave. 37. Jina jema hungara gizani.A good name shines in the dark. 38. Jino la pembe si dawa ya pengo.An ivory tooth is not cure for the lost tooth. 39. Jitihadi haiondoi kudura. Effort will not counter faith. 40. Jogoo la shamba haliwiki mjini. The village cock does not crow in town. 41. Kafiri akufaye si Isilamu asiyekufa.An infidel who does you good turn is not like a Muslim who does not 42. Kamba hukatika pabovu. A rope parts where it is thinnest. 43. Kanga hazai ugenini.A guine- fowl not lay eggs on strange places 44. Kawaida ni kama sheria.Usage is like law
45. Kawia ufike.Better delay and get there.
46. Kazi mbaya siyo mchezo mwema.A bad job is not as wothless as a good game 47. Kelele za mlango haziniwasi usingizi.The creaking of the door deprives me of no sleep. 48. Kenda karibu na kumi.Nine is near ten.
49. Kiburi si maungwana.Arrogance is not gentlemanly.
50. Kichango kuchangizana.Everyone should contribute when collection is made. 51. Kidole kimoja hakivunji chawa.One finger canot kill a louse. 52. Kingiacho mjini si haramu.That is fashionable in town is never prohibited. 53. Kikulacho ki nguoni mwako.That which eats you up is in your clothing. 54. Kila chombo kwa wimblile.Every vessel has its own waves 55. Kila...