Peerumedu is ahill station in kerala located on the way to Thekkady, about 85 km east to kottayam. This tiny hill station was at one time the place to best the heart of Travacore Rajas. The place has some great scenery along the tea and coffee estates with ecological beauties.
Along with the tea and coffee plantation here a few other kerala specialities like pepper, cardamom, rubber, & eucalyptus are found here. The entirety of Peerumedu is enveloped with fragrance that is leady and delightful intoxicating. There are vast grass land and plantations in and around the places. It was named after Sufi Saint Peer Mohamed, the plave attracts tourist from accross the world.
Kuttikkanam, Thrissangu hills, Wagamon, Pine Forest are some famous tourist destination points in Peerumedu.
The name 'medu' means hills in malayalam. The local language of kerala which says 'Hills of Peer' as meaning of Peerumedu. Another story behind the name is says that, the abundance of Guva trees in the hill gave the name Peerumedu. Which evolved into Peerumedu slowly and 'pera' is the malayalam word of Guva.
Even though peerumedu is not as famous as Ooty and Kodaikanal. Lots of people arrive every day to inhale mountain fresh air. The very proximity of periyar tiger reserve has attracted several people.
As like Ooty and kodaikanal Peerumadu is not that much famous and not a well developed Tourist destinations. But even the domestic and international tourist like to visit Peerumedu. This research is for the awareness of Peerumedu as a tourist destination. As a result the topic ' A study on tourism in Peerumedu ' has been selected for the research.
* TO HAVE A STUDY ON THE VARIOUS TOURIST SPORTS OF PEERUMEDU.
* TO ANALYZE THE AWARENESS OF TOURISTS ABOUT PEERUMEDU.
* TO FIND OUT VARIOUS FACTORS WHICH ATTRACTS THE TOURISTS TO PEERUMEDU. * TO STUDY THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF FOOD VERITIES OFFERED TO GUEST IN PEERUMEDU. * TO STUDY THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES FOR THE TOURISTS. * TO FIND OUT THE DIFFICULTIES THAT FACED BY THE TOURIST WHO VISIT THE PEERUMEDU. * TO PROVIDE SUGGESTIONS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF TOURISM IN PEERUMEDU. * TO HAVE A STUDY OF THE VARIOUS ENVIRONMENTAL AFFECTING TOURISM IN PEERUMEDU. * TO BRING OUT SOME HIDDEN DESTINATIONS IN PEERUMEDU.
1. SELECTION OF AREA
The area selected for the research is Peerumadu, because of its high tourism potential.
2. SELECTION OF SUBJECTS
The subject selected for the research are the people living in Peerumedu, the tourists visiting the place and the government officials as they are the people who can give relevant informations.
3. SELECTION OF SAMPLING
Convenience sample method was used for this research.
4. METHODS USED FOR COLLECTING DATA
Both primary & secondary data's are used for the research, Primary data was collected through questionnaires distributed to various people who have visited the place and through personnel interview. Secondary data was collected From magazines, tourist guides & internet.
5. METHOD USED FOR ANALYSING DATA
The data collected was analyzed using percentage method supported by charts and graphs.
6. SCOPE OF STUDY
* The project will help many other peoples in boarding their horizons and learning more about the tourism. * This project will also help in creating awareness among the local people and especially the government who is the main source of promoting the tourism and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document