Pressure is part and parcel of all work and helps to keep one motivated. But excessive pressure can lead to stress, which undermines performance, is costly to employers and can make people ill. Stress is ubiquitous and has become an integral part of everyday living, an unavoidable consequence of modern living. Stress is a condition of strain that has a direct bearing on emotions, thought process and physical conditions of a person.
During the past decade, the banking sector had under gone rapid and striking changes like policy changes, increased competition due to the entrance of more private sector banks, introduction of new technologies, etc. Due to these changes, the employees in the banking sector are experiencing a high level of stress. Bank employees admit that stress is affecting their jobs, family life and health. Unpredictable economy, pressure to maintain profitability and increased responsibilities are main causes of stress.
• To analyze the origin and growth level of banking sector in Tirupur region
• To analyze the level of job stress among bank employees in Tirupur region.
• To analyze the contribution of over load, authority, conflict and Lack of Support from colic’s to the job stress among bank employees in Tirupur region.
• To analyze the importance of interventional strategies at organizational level to manage stress among bank employees.
• To analyze the role of stress in interpersonal relationship
• To evaluate the progress, goals and success of stress management programme organized by the banks
• To give suitable suggestions to the banking sector to develop stressless working condition among the bank employees
(1.1) CONCEPT OF STRESS
(1.1.1) INTRODUCTION TO STRESS
A lot of research has been conducted into stress over the last hundred years. Some of the theories behind it are now settled and accepted; others are still being researched and...