1. Listen how native speakers speak the language.
* Listening to and imitating a native speaker is the most important and fastest way to learn. Remember that when we were young you learned a language by listening and then repeating the words while imitating the accent. This is called acquiring. Instead of learning, we acquire our native language through informal processes. In order to speak like the native speakers of English language, we must use the same way we acquire our first language or mother tongue.
2. Try to watch some good movies that can improve your overall communicative skills.
* Watch movies in English with subtitles or English language satellite channels like BBC or CNN and try to understand it. If we don’t understand the meaning of certain words, we can use dictionary to find the meaning. In this modern era, it’s not that difficult to find those meanings. We can search the meaning using internet. For example, we use the online dictionaries available in the internet. This will not just enable us to find the meaning but we can also listen to the correct pronunciation of the words that we search for. From that, we will able to know on how to pronounce the words correctly. Once we think that we have acquired the good number of vocabularies, we can try to watch the English movies without relying on the subtitles.
3. Do not speak too fast. Keep your rate of speech under control.
* Speak a little slower than normal. It takes more time to master a foreign language so give our listener that time. This goes along with being patient and articulating clearly. The more relaxed we are, the more we are in control of our communication. We cannot let a busy lifestyle or a meeting agenda permission to control our speech. We must think as we speak and do not speak as we think. By keeping the proper pace while speaking, we can pronounce the words more clearly and accurately. Don’t act as if... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). Steps to Improve Pronunciation. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-To-Improve-Pronunciation-510476.html
"Steps to Improve Pronunciation" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-To-Improve-Pronunciation-510476.html>.
"Steps to Improve Pronunciation." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Steps-To-Improve-Pronunciation-510476.html.