What is softskills?
Soft skill is the ability required and expected from persons for finding a suitable job, its maintenance and promotion. Softskills is an important facet of life. It is essential in all spheres of life. Be it an interview or dealing with the project leader or working out a solution with a team or writing a report, getting across the point effectively is what matters. The success of an endeavour hinges on the ability to communicate effectively in today's fast paced life, everyone is asked to do more with less. In such a scenario effective communication holds the key. Effectively communication centers round the usage of words, speed of delivery of words, pitch modulation and body language. Using the right tools to communicate the right messages at the right time can salvage a crises and motivate people to work towards success. Truly said, communication works but for those who work at it. In the existing globalization scenario, most of the Information Technology, I.T Enabled Services, management institutes, public and private sector, multi-national Companies, Union Public Service Commission, and State Public Service Commission are search for a right and suitable fresher for executive posts. Whatever be the recruiting criteria that I.T, ITES, industry giants had in their agenda, once this was clear a first class degree would not serve the purpose, the candidate have to satisfy the skill sets that the companies were looking for. And unanimously, the skills set that they were looking for Softskills.
The immediate results of developing good communication skills are:
1. Ability to Listen effectively
2. Ability to send Clear Messages
3. To win confidence and respect of peers, employers
4. Impressive non-verbal behaviour
Scope of softskills development
It is very important to develop softskills because it enables you to: * To handle interpersonal relations
* To take appropriate decisions
* To communicate effectively
* To have good impression and impact to gain professional development
Types of Softskills
1.Verbal Communication skills
* Softskills form the corner stone of soft skills
* Every human being has to essentially & effectively communicate with others * Effective communication is the hallmark of one's education * The ability to speak fluently using the right word in the right order is an good communication * Message using appropriate vocabulary and syntax form effective communication
Non verbal language
* Face is the index of the mind and it clearly displays the persons interest * Body language presents to the audience what we feel & think about the particular matter * Body language (e.g, arms crossed, standing, sitting, relaxed) * Emotion of the sender & receiver (e.g, speaking clearly, enthusiastic)
3.Written communication Skills
* Writing evaluates a person's proficiency indications, spelling grammar etc... * Errors committed while writing circulars, reports & agenda considerably spoil the image of the writer * Good visual presentation using graphics, color, balanced design layout- adds so much to written communication. * Keep handouts and other written materials for your presentation
4. Presentation Skills
Presentation skills include planning, preparation & delivery of the message. Making a formal speech is also one form of presentation. Presentation skills can be broadly categorized into physical oral, & electronics.
* Success in life depends on presenting ideas in an appropriate manners * Look at the eyes of audience & speak in a natural, conversational voice * Appropriate voice will make the presentation effective and interesting * Ask for feed back from your audience about your presentation & change accordingly * In presentation especially, stop occasionally to ask the audience understand what you...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document