Business Research and Application
24 February 2010
Snapshot of Wackenhut Corporation (worksite) Sprint PCS
History of Wackenhut Corporation
• Found Special Agent Investigators in 1955 by George R. Wackenhut and (3) FBI colleagues. • Found Wackenhut Corporation and went public in 1967
• 1960s recognized that he needed to provide specialize service to the United States Government Installations a division called Wackenhut Services Inc. • 1984 formed a Nuclear Division supporting more than half the nation Wackenhut Nuclear Services. • 2002 with Danish-based Group 4 and Securicor making the company G4S Securicor plc. Turning the name from Wackenhut Corporation to G4S Wackenhut Corporation. • Over 35,000 employees, 200 offices coast-coast and 100+ countries with divisions including Security Services, Nuclear Security and Energy Consulting, Government Services, Automated & Integrated Security, Security Management Systems, and Consulting and Investigation
• Serving Government, Industrial Complexes, Healthcare, Education, Financial Institution, Utilities, Gaming & Recreation, Retail Establishment and Commercial.
• Providing services that include Permanent Guarding, Disaster Response, Emergency, Control Room Monitoring, Armed Security, Special Events, Security Patrols, Reception/Concierge, • EMT, and Ambassador.
Our mission is to provide expert security services of the customer expectations. We differentiate ourselves by attracting the best people offering innovactive solutions and fostering long-term partnership. We are committed to the principles of professionalism and integrity instilled by our founder and we strive to positively impact our nation, communities, and stakeholders (1) The Tuberculosis case at Sprint PCS
• During the last couple of weeks at Sprint PCS there has been an case where a fellow employee tested positive with tuberculosis. The Newport News Health Department alon with the Sprint Medical Director has been investigating the matter. The Newport News Health Department came in to study the situation further, and provided the company with accurate information • Those employees in the call center who have been identified as individuals who may have come into contact with turberculosis have been notified. Sprint PCS have worked with the Department of Health to set up on-site testing. Results show that this is not a widespread problem and is not contagious. They have also put out if any employee not • identified feels they need to be tested Department of Health will advise them in this matter to get the proper testing required. The testing is free and takes 48 to 72 hours.
Management and Research Question
• Management Question: What steps to take to provide the safety of Sprint PCS employee? • Research Question: How to get the information out to resolve the tuberculosis case Two Kinds of tuberculosis cause by Mycobacterium
• Mycobacterium: Bacteria that causes the infection or disease • Active Tuberculosis Disease: An illness in which tuberculosis bacteria are multiplying and attacking parts of the body (usually the lungs) • Latent Tuberculosis Infection: A condition in which TB bacteria are alive but inactive in the body
Differentiate between TB Disease and Latent TB Infection
How TB spread, the risk and who is infected
• Spread through the air from one person to another by throat cough, sneezes, speaking and singing. • Not spread by shaking hands, sharing food or drink, touching or kissing • Risk of developing TB comes from (1) persons who have been recently infected with the TB bacteria (2) Persons with medical conditions that weaken the immune system • Persons who have been recently infected with the TB bacteria are thos who (1) Come in contact with someone have the TB...