1. Persecution: (n.) Punishment or harassment.
2. Recreational: (adj.) (of a drug) taken for pleasure instead of medical use. 3. Stereotypical: (adj.) an idea growing stale through fixed usage. Literary Analysis:
1. The use of Contrast in paragraph 2, “Adults say the average teenager can’t write complete sentences and has trouble spelling big words …. I’ve found time to write this …” shows the reader the wrong description of a teenager, and what they are really like.
2. The flashback in paragraph 1, “punk teens of the eighties have taken the place of hippie teens of the sixties.” Shows of the same events happening in the past.
3. This essay shows inductive organization in paragraph 3, “I’m doing quite well, I haven’t fathered any children, I’m not addicted to any drugs… I may not be America’s stereotypical teen, but that only proves there is something wrong with our society’s preconceived image of today’s teenager.” This makes the reader realize the wrongs of society before the essay...