Roles of Organizational Development consultants in an organization and explain how the nature of the relationship with the client as defined in their roles may influence the outcome of the assignment. ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This is the practice of helping an organization solve problems and reach their goals. A key emphasis on OD is assisting clients not just in meeting their goals but with learning new problem solving skills that they can use in the future. An OD consultant can help an organization to plan and minimize risk. Here are primary the distinguishing characteristics of OD:
1. OD focuses on culture and processes.
2. Specifically, OC encourages collaboration between organization leaders and members managing culture and processes.
3. Teams of all kind are particularly important for task accomplishment and are targets for OD activities.
4. OD focuses on the human and social side of the organization primarily, and in so doing also intervenes in the technological and structural sides.
5. OD focuses on total system change and views organization as complex social system.
6. OD relies on an action research model with extensive participation by client system members.
7. OD takes a developmental view that seeks the betterment both individuals and organizational attempting to create WIN WIN solutions.
8. OD practitioners are facilitators, collaborators, and co learners with the client system.
Roles of organization development consultants.
Organization development consultants contract with clients to offer a range of services including: • Advocate
Here the consultant comes up with his ways to which should be done and followed in the organization development. In this role consultants will tell people what to do and not to thus influencing the partner to do something. Working with departments, committees and other groups to help them plan implement changes in their organization such as...