1) Background – Robin Hood is the head of an organization that was created to steal from the rich and give to the poor. He has several Merrymen to assist him and the organization has grown rapidly with a lot of new recruits. Robin Hood and his organization have their biggest threat in the High Sheriff of Nottingham destroying their group.
2) Model used in analysis – I would say the need for improved Strategic Management and determining a SWOT analysis needs to be addressed.
3) Main Problem – Robin Hood and his organization have their biggest threat in the High Sheriff of Nottingham destroying their group. The Merrymen have a lack of discipline to achieve their goals, food shortages/shelter, challenges to train and manage such a large group (open door to accept anyone), and lack of goals for the group.
4) Recommendation – Robin Hood and his Merrymen can create strategies and implement them which will overcome the High Sheriff of Nottingham such as finding their internal strengths to offset their internal weaknesses, the Merrymen can focus on any new market opportunities, determine their competitive advantages and act upon them, and find ways to decrease the High Sheriff’s actions against them. Robin Hood should develop a plan to rescue King Richard to take back his thrown and free the people from the Prince’s taxation and cruelty reign.
5) Rationale – Robin Hood and his Merrymen need to enhance their strengths for long-term goals as well as increase their competitive advantages. They can increase this by combining their organization with the Baron’s to take out their rival, the High Sheriff of Nottingham.