Section A:Answer FOUR out of six questions (40 marks) – ONE HOUR
Section B:Answer TWO questions from FOUR - essay and report questions - (60 marks) - TWO HOURS
You should be careful to plan the use of your time as outlined above
THE UNIVERSITY'S REGULATIONS CONCERNING CHEATING, COLLUSION AND PLAGIARISM APPLY TO THIS EXAMINATION
Answer FOUR questions – Each question is worth 10 marks
1. What do we mean by the terms ‘best fit’ and ‘best practice ‘to describe SHRM. Use any short case examples to illustrate your discussion?
2. How are Human Resource Departments responding to the challenge of SHRM?
3. Outline the main principles of human resource planning.
4. What are the main features of Lawler’s model on strategic issues in reward management?
5. Discuss the main features of a Learning Organisation. Why is important in a strategic HRD approach to organising development?
6. Outline the main features of the organisational development process as laid down by Beckard?
You should allow no more than 15 minutes to answer each of these questions
Answer two questions – Section B is worth 60 marks (30 marks for each question)
You have been asked to address a regional audience from a management institute on the subject of ‘Getting the most from your Human resources function – A cost effective value added service for the 21st Century ‘ prepare a briefing discussion paper as to what you would recommend and how you would go about this acknowledging the challenges you might face. (30 marks)
For developmental activity to be deemed strategic organisations need to shift the focus from a training to a learning approach. Discuss this proposition in the context of development activity supporting individual and organisational change (30 marks)
In what ways can organisations develop strategically useful performance management systems? What is the nature of...