Chapter 6: Systems Development
Chapter 7: Enterprise Infrastructure, Metrics, and Business Continuity Planning
1. What is the structured approach called for developing software and information systems?
*C)Systems development life cycle
2. Who is the person who typically manages the software development project?
3. In which phase of the software design and development project would you try to understand the proposed project?
4. In which phase of the software design and development project would you build a blueprint of the proposed system?
5. In which phase of the software design and development project would you build the proposed system?
6. In which phase of the software design and development project would you take the newly built system and place in operations?
7. In which phase of the software design and development project would you fix errors in the new built and operational system?
8. What term refers to the fast-paced building or construction of a software prototype?
*A)Rapid application development (RAD)
B)Rapid agility programming (RAP)
D)Express development (ED)
9. What type of software design and development methodology does Microsoft Corporation employ?
A)Rapid application development
10. What term refers to the end user developing software without the assistance of IT?
11. If you the end user participated on a team responsible for defining a prototype for a proposed application, what phase in the SDLC would you be working in?
12. Which of the following occurs when developers and end users add extra features that were not part of the initial requirements?
13. In which phase does the project team move from the physical design to the physical implementation?
14. Which of the following methodologies emphasizes extensive user involvement in the rapid and evolutionary construction of working prototypes?
*D)Rapid application development (RAD)
15. Which of the following IT tools are often used for selfsourcing?
*D)Spreadsheets, database management and Web development are all common selfsourcing tools
16. Which of the following is not an advantage of selfsourcing?
A)It increases the speed of systems development
*B)It focuses on important and unique core competencies
C)It increases end user participation and sense of ownership
D)It improves requirements determination
17. Which of the following is true with regards to prototyping?
A)Prototyping is an iterative process
B)Prototypes are built from business requirements
C)End users review prototypes and suggest further changes which will then be used to refine the prototype
*D)Each of these items is true of prototyping
18. Which of the following is an advantage of prototyping?
A)Encourages active user participation
B)Helps resolve discrepancies among end users
C)Gives users a...