‘A STUDY ON MARKET POTENTIAL FOR MILMA ICE CREAM AT PALAKKAD’
PROFILE OF PALAKKAD DAIRY
Malabar Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd.,
Kalleppully, Palakkad – 678 005
A BRIEF NOTE ON MRCMPU LTD., PALAKKAD DAIRY
MRCMPU LTD., Palakkad Dairy is one of the three dairies under Malabar Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited. This dairy came in to existence in 1967 as Palakkad Co-operative Milk supply union limited under the Madras Co-operative societies Act. In 1978 KLD & MM Board had taken over this dairy and it was under their control until 1983 .In 1983 Kerala Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited taken over this dairy from KLD & MM Board. But when MRCMPU was registered on 29-06-1989 with the motto “Farmers Prosperity through Consumer Satisfaction”, this district also came under malabar region. And so on 01-08-1990 Malabar Regional Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd., taken over this dairy and it started functioning very smoothly and achieved success in each and every step. This dairy is located at Kalleppully which is 5 Km away from Palakkad Town. Under this Dairy Two Milk chilling Plant are also functioning, one at Attappady, which is both a tribal and hill area, and the other at Pattambi.
Capacity o f the Dairy was 6000 Litres /Day when it started to function. Later on it has expanded to 40,000 Litres/Day. And now it is 100,000 Ltrs/Day. The Capacity of Attappady Chilling Plant was initially 2000 Ltrs/Day now it is 10,000 Litres/Day. THE MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS ARE:
1. Installation of a new pasteuriser with a capacity of 10,000 litres/hour. 2. Installed new pouch filing machine so that we can pack and sell up to 70,000 litres of milk/day 3. Installation of new Milk storage silos which enables us to store up to 1 Lakh Litres/Day. i.e.; the entire milk produced daily in the milk shed area of Palakkad. 4. Installed more Ghee settling tanks (4 Nos.), which enables us to do upto 3 melting in a day. 5. Ghee clarifier is installed and which help us to provide best quality of Ghee without any residue. No compromise in quality. 6. Installed new Cream ripening tank.
7. Introduced new RMRD and machine.
8. RMRD automation system and Auto CLR indicator: this is one of the major features of this Dairy, which cannot find any where in south India. An advanced, automatic computerised system for RMRD operations at this Dairy on trial basis which is a success ful one and able to receive 1,00,000 litres of milk within three hours at dock and analyse 180-200 society samples with in one and half hours. This system records milk reception data automatically checks fat and Snf, records quantity data of samples and produces all the required reports for effective Dairy management and timely payment. In addition to this auto CLR indicator quickly measures and digitally displays the CLR of milk samples within seconds. This system is easy, fast and accurate method and reduces the manpower in the Lab/RMRD. 9. New laboratory to give more thrust on quality and to improve the chemical &bacteriological quality of our milk & products. So we could achieve consumer satisfaction with nil complaint. 10. Installation & operation of new ETP Plant with medium & high capacities. 11. New boiler.
12. New Power generator with a capacity of 300 KVA
13. Increased the refrigeration capacity
14. New store building.
15. Installed new computers with local area Network with Internet Facility.
Of course, we cannot depict all our achievements in single lines or words. Still there are many things to achieve. We will try to achieve more and more to highlight the motto of our...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document