* Giving them two or more choices and let them decide what they like, giving more details about the food will help them to choose.
* Explain individuals about the importance of a healthy diet and encourage and support the m to choose healthy options and alternatives.
* Explain individuals about the consequences of a poor diet choice. For example, obesity can lead to heart disease, varicose veins, diabetes and arthritis. High cholesterol and diets high in salt can lead to heart attacks and strokes.
1.4 Describe how and when to seek additional guidance about and individual’s choice of food and drink.
* When people reluctant, or refuse to eat certain types of food which have been noted in their support plan as a requirement for their condition. For example when an individual need to have a diabetic diet, a weight-reduction diet or gluten-free diet, if someone having swallowing difficulties, in such situations if someone is determined to ignore medical advice and to follow a different diet, this should be reported and discussed among the care team and the medical staff.
* If the person have full mental capacity to understand the consequence and still ignore medical advice, it’s their choice and they have right to follow what they prefers
* For children, people who are very confused and severely demented, they don’t have the full mental capacity to choose right diet for them and it should be discussed with care team and medical staff to decide what best for the individual’s best interest.
3.1 Describe factors that help promote an individual’s dignity, comfort and enjoyment while eating and drinking.
* It should be a safe, hygienic and pleasant place for people to eat food. Make sure the place is warm and have enough light, no noise distractions.
* Let them decide where they like to sit when they having their meals. Some people... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 02). Qcf Support with Nutrition. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qcf-Support-With-Nutrition-1428169.html
"Qcf Support with Nutrition" StudyMode.com. 02 2013. 2013. 02 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qcf-Support-With-Nutrition-1428169.html>.
- MLA 7
"Qcf Support with Nutrition." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 02 2013. Web. 02 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qcf-Support-With-Nutrition-1428169.html>.
"Qcf Support with Nutrition." StudyMode.com. 02, 2013. Accessed 02, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qcf-Support-With-Nutrition-1428169.html.